1/19/2015

Cure for the Monday Blues and Winnie & Walter

Hi everyone! This month, Winnie & Walter is sponsoring Taheera's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge. I love today's inspiring photo and had to play!


The colors are so pretty, and that circle inspired me, too. Here comes my take:


Shaker cards…can anyone get enough of them? I die-cut a window using the Simon Says Stamp stitched circle die from a panel of cardstock. Then I softly inked the bottom part and stamped sequins from the Winnie & Walter set Scenery: Big Bang Bling. Onto the background of my card, I applied pink ink to match the circle of the inspiration photo. I filled my shaker window with various sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and Fancy Pants. And I added microbeads. Finally I inked a piece of cardstock with yellow ink and die-cut the hello using a The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaways die to adhere it over the acetate of my window. I hope you like it and hope you'll play!
Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

supplies:
Winnie & Walter Scenery: Big Bang Bling, The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaways - Simon Says Stamp exclusive die Stitched Circles - Mama Elephant ink - Pretty Pink Posh sequins - Fancy Pants sequins

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!!!

~amy~ said...

Vanessa, your shaker card is perfect!

Cindy C. said...

Oh so fun and happy, it sure cures my Monday Blues!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Vanessa! That little sequin stamp couldn't be more perfect...
=] Michele

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Vanessa ... the cascading stamped sequins are perfect with all those shaker ones ... and I love the ombré hello! Anita :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wowzers this is stunning! I always love shaker cards!

Jo said...

Gorgeous shaker card :)